Friday, October 29, 2010

summer frocks


 After pricing summer dresses in the local children's clothes shop, I came home determined to make my own. Sure the one's in the shop were nice, but seriously overpriced for little girls. I have a stash of lovely voile's in the cupboard, so when I saw this gorgeous dress Ansia had made for her daughter, I just had to give it a go. The instructions can be found here on 'From an Igloo'. My girls are so happy with the result. Soft and floaty, feminine and twirly! Grace chose the subtle floral voile which suits her perfectly. She is steering clear of bright colour choices these days. Maeve still loves all things pink, so the checks were her choice. She looks adorable. We had such a lovely afternoon at the beach. The breeze was up, but that didn't stop the squeals of delight as the girls raced up and down the sandy slopes. Jude and I did a little shell collecting. Spring = happy days.


12 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

It's hard to imagine that it's summer somewhere in the world while I watch the comings of winter rains outside my window.

Those dresses are just lovely. And the saltwater sandals... oh my! I think I should buy a pair for a future daughter right now, but why oh why did they not come in yellow when I was a little girl?!

Ansia said...

How beautiful Naomi! I love your choice of fabric. Don't you just love little girls in summer dresses? I think that I will be a making many more dresses just like these. Happy summer!

kmac said...

So Maevie did end up getting the yellow sandals...nice one!!
kmac

katherine said...

Wow. Love them (and your photos too)! The beach... hooray!

naomi said...

Yes Kylie, she got the yellow ones (and some pink ones)! I ended up getting a pair for myself too. We have 6 pairs in the house now:)

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Wow, just gorgeous! I especially love the bright madras print one.
And the shoes of course ;-)

dana said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful dresses, beautiful colors. Love it all Naomi! And I forget that it's almost Summer there. How lovely!

Hashi said...

These photos take me back to my childhood. Wonderful!

Christine said...

Beautiful photos!
I'm glad you enjoyed the tute!

Christine
From An Igloo

Twins Squared said...

Beautiful dresses! You did a great job! I made a couple of these for my girls too and I just love them.

Fruitful Harvest said...

What lovely pictures!
A true treasure!

Peace and Blessings,
Georgiann