Sunday, November 2, 2008

stretch for summer


Summer is just around the corner and I have been busy making some basic stretch cotton clothes for the girls. The watermelon dress is some of Mums fabric, and the dress was super quick to sew. Its the Knit dress from Ottobre 3/2007. Maeve is at the zoo above, up close with a seal.





Here are the girls in yesterday's 35'c heat. A taste of whats to come in the months ahead! Grace is wearing the 'Strawberry' tunic from Ottobre 3/2008. I have also made her a white one with red stripes. When you go to all the effort of tracing a pattern, it seems a waste to only make one item from it!

3 comments:

Jetta's Nest said...

Gorgeous! That watermelon fabric is just so sweet :)

Kylie said...

They look lovely - I really must get over my fear of stretch knits - they look great. Oh that I I really must build up my supply of ottobre!

dana said...

cute cute! I forget that it's summer down there :).