Monday, May 4, 2009

one for the baby


After much crocheting, laying out squares, then sewing them together, the mohair rug for our winter baby is now finished!


I am so happy with how this turned out, considering it was the first bit of crocheting I have done in years...and actually completed. Now I just need the baby to wrap it in.


I have decided that I rather like crocheting, and knitting (that is another subject that you will no doubt here more on soon!) because they are so portable and make the perfect holiday craft. These granny squares are the perfect thing for using up wool scraps and in this case, beautiful unused wool found at the op shop.
Very affordable, completely satisfying.

10 comments:

willow and moo said...

Naomi, it's gorgeous!

Elizabethd said...

I came across via Tina at Cinnamon whirls. What a lovely blog you have. I like the squares, so pretty.

cath said...

that is so awesome!! i love it!!

Jenny said...

It is just beautiful Naomi. Can you email me on littlejennywren(at) dodo(dot)com(dot)au with your address so I can post your prize to you? It has taken me a while to get round to contacting you after all the busyness of Niche.
Jenny

Little Munchkins said...

Oh my, that is gorgeous Naomi. I really love it and the colour is beautiful.

rachel said...

Wow! Beautiful job! I was wondering how it was going.

Kelly Casanova said...

How beautiful, I don't know why, but I haven't been able to learn crochet from a book, even though I learned knitting that way. I think I need to take a class to get me started.

Child of the New Forest said...

Oh that is just gorgeous!! It looks so warm and soft and snuggly

Em said...

That's beautiful, such gorgeous colours!

LIESL said...

Just wanted to say that after spending about an entire day reading through your blog and looking at all the gorgeous clothing and quilts and blankets etc etc etc you make, I am so inspired. Your blog is lovely.
Blessings
Liesl (Auckland)