Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30mm for 30th














Hello friends. Let me introduce you to my new favorite camera lens- the Sigma 30mm F1.4.
See, I had a rather important birthday (back in the whirlwind that was December) and my good husband decided that a fine gift for a girl with a camera would be a sweet lens for taking prettier photos. Actually... he probably just said "what do you want for your birthday darlin?" and then I replied by ordering myself the Sigma 30mm off the net. That's how we work, and it's good.

Be that as it may, this lens is a keeper. It makes photographing for me much more enjoyable. If I remember correctly, it hasn't left my camera since I ripped it out of its box. Yup, that good.
Unfortunately, I dont know all the technical camera/lens/photography jargon, so I probably cant talk it up all you would like to hear. But believe me, it's a winner.

I hope you enjoyed the photos above (taken with the Sigma 30mm F1.4 on the Canon 550D). A few firsts in there- first ripe tomatoes off our vines, first gappy grin for Grace, first family holiday to the South Coast. So many special memories made.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Your beautiful children remind me so much of my family growing up--first a brown-haired daughter, then a blond-haired daughter (me!), and last a chubby little boy. Seeing your pictures brings back such good memories! And just so you know, at the ages of 28, 26, and 23, we're closer than ever and love each other to death. I'm sure that, with such a sweet mother, yours will turn out the same.

katherine said...

I love the photos! You take beautiful shots (helped by the fact you have beautiful subjects)! Nice to see them BIG on your blog too :)

Cath said...

I love all these photos!!! especially that one of jude's cheeky smile. funniest facial expression ever xx

giozi said...

I like the first one and the one where you little is with this funny smile.