Sunday, December 7, 2008

the 'gracie' skirt






Sandi Henderson from Portabello Pixie makes beautiful patterns for little girls 6m-8yrs. One of her patterns we recently purchased was the 'Gracie' pattern- how could we resist! I say 'we' because Grace actually picked it out off the Internet, without even realising it was her name! 
The reason I made the skirt was because I brought her the little top and it needed a bottom to go with it. I had the perfect fabric sitting on the shelf. 
A couple of weeks ago I got a new overlocker as an early birthday present, and was itching to try out the rolled hem on it. Worked a treat and I was so, so impressed at how easy it was! I can see a lot of my sewing being finished off with that rolled hem function.


4 comments:

Tracy said...

Very Pretty! You've inspired me to be play noce with my overlocker again :)

willow and moo said...

Beautiful skirt for Grace! It really does match that top perfectly.

I LOVE the rolled hem on my overlocker. Have fun with your new toy.

Taiche said...

That is such a beautiful skirt, I love the rolled hem... I am so in need of a new o'locker!!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is a lovely skirt......

Gill in Canada