Saturday, December 13, 2008

mini mitt's

I recently stumbled upon this very clever little pattern on this lovely blog.

I must say, my girls thought these were wonderful. 
They were a present for their special friend who shares my name- Naomi.

I am thinking I will have to make a couple of extra pairs for Christmas.

Outer fabric is from one very cute op shop pillowcase. 
Linen on the bottom half.

So if you are looking for a last minute, easy sewing idea for Christmas...these are perfect.
 The only thing I would change is quilting a big rectangle of fabric first, 
and then cutting your glove shapes out of this. 
Much less fiddly. Make sense? 

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a super gift, and yes quilting the material first does make sense.

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

So cute and so very clever!

Black Eyed Susie said...

I think your choice of fabrics really makes these! I'll definitely remember your tip if I ever get around to making any.

Happy Birthday (late) to Maeve.

Heather McInnes said...

Hello Naomi - love the mitts!
I have tagged you for a meme on my blog today. Don't feel like you have to, but I'd love to read what you came up with!