Sunday, June 28, 2009

denim pinny






So we couldn't just send one girl off to church with a new dress...could we? Especially when this beautiful piece of denim cries out every time I enter the sewing (junk) room 'sew me! sew me!'. So I stayed up a little too late last night and made this one for Maeve. Her response this morning when she saw it hanging on the door was 'Ooohh, that's so tuuute (cute)!' Totally worth it, this girl melts my heart.
Pattern is another Ottobre 1/08. I figure if you spend all the money on the subscription, you may as well get your moneys worth by sewing as many patterns as you can trace. This is the 'Deer dress' which I have made before here. I just lengthened it by a fair chunk, and added pockets...because what two year old doesn't love pockets. I find Ottobre's patterns run really wide, so I often end up altering them for my girls. This is still the same size as the one I made back in September, just a lot longer.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow I love the dresses you have made your girls - gorgeous. I find otto patterns run wide too and often don't add the seam allowances :)

Lisa Olson said...

Both Sunday dresses are adorable! I love it. The Ottobre patterns are amazing, and for some reason a little frightening too. I have a dress in the works, but it's been in the works for so long that it may only fit my youngest by the time it's finished.

Claire said...

Oh can you be my personal seamstress :)
Yet again another beautiful creation - I love the denim.
And I would love those red mary janes in my size!!

Catherine said...

So inspiring Naomi!! I could comment on everything you make...I will live my creative life vicariously through you for a while!!

How long for you now?? I am certain your bub will love the mohair blanket!!

Anonymous said...

This is scrumptious! :)

Black Eyed Susie said...

Lovely pinnie. Stunning fabric!

Thanks for the congrats on Arj's arrival. Am looking forward to seeing your little one!

Erin said...

I agree, so cute! That denim is great, may I ask where you got it?
I love ottobre patterns, and love seeing how other people use them too.

naomi said...

Erin, the fabric was some I found on ebay a while back. Unfortunately the ebay store no longer sells it...wishing I had brought more!