Thursday, February 11, 2010

for me


Shirt for myself, made out of Kaffe Fassett's Planets.
I completed this one months ago, but was never entirely happy with it.
Loved the fabric, but not so sure about the style of the top.
The pattern is Simplicity 5552.
I totally reshaped the neckline trying to make it look more flattering and not so boxy, but not sure that I achieved my outcome.
I also added piping around the edge of the white yoke, which all ended up rather fiddly.
Never mind, I will have to try again.
I find it so disappointing sewing for myself!
The kids are so cute and easy to sew for, and the cut/fit is really not that essential.
sigh.
I am thinking I may need to buy a few new pattern to help me along.
How about this one or maybe this one?
Pretty sure they would look great in the Autumn wardrobe.
Now to find the time...

5 comments:

carla said...

I love that neckline! It's super cute with that fabric.

Kimberly said...

I have been eying that Make It Perfect kaftan also. The model looks so happy and cute. I wonder if there's a magic pill included with purchase to make me look as carefree...

Anonymous said...

From here the neckline looks very cool! Are you going to show it on you? I always choose patterns that I think I will love and finish being to baggy or something.
That fabric is great : )

Mariana

naomi said...

Thanks for the comments!
Kimberly, I thought she looked a bit cutesy too, and wasn't sure that the kaftan would have the same effect if I were wearing it!
Mariana, I do like the look of the neckline, but when its on its just so gapey (is that a word??).
Really want to sew clothes for me, but get so disappointed!

Claire said...

OH OH OH OH OH This is so LOVELY!!! I do know what you mean though about the ease of sewing for children & the difficulty of sewing for yourself. I have limited myself to simple skirts - nothing else seems to fit nicely.
BTW - I love both of the patterns!