Wednesday, April 13, 2011

seven






We celebrated Grace's 7th birthday on the weekend- with a mermaid party of course! With 18 children in the house it was somewhat hectic, but all went to plan. A big thanks to all our helpers! We normally try to keep birthday's very simple, but I am realising just how quickly the years are passing us by so decided to make this one just a little more special for her to remember. I found these graphics on etsy, which I used to make cupcake topper, tags for party bags ect, which was a bit of fun! I also managed to finish off all the mermaids for her friends just in time. We made mermaid necklaces with all the children, with sparkly jewels, pearls and 'sea weed'. They looked fantastic on!

And the morning of the birthday is always fun, isn't it? I love the delight on little faces as gifts are opened. Its lovely to see everyone enjoying the birthday celebrations!







Happy 7th Birthday Grace xx

4 comments:

Cate said...

Oh hello!! That is the most screamingly gorgeous party I've seen for ages!!! I so love party posts!!
thanks so much for sharing :-)
xxxCate

Catherine said...

Oh happy birthday, seven is becoming very grown up! Such a gorgeous party, entirely beautiful! xxc

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Grace!
What an amazing party! Those mermaid thank you dollies are just beautiful.

Jessi said...

So adorable. We're using mermaid/ under the sea theme for my daughter's 3rd bday party and she is so excited. Did you use a pattern for the mermaid dolls? Are you available for hire? Haha. Thanks for sharing.