Sunday, March 27, 2011

lovely lounge & cosy cushions





So here's the lounge: cleaned, repaired and slightly modified - goodbye skirt, hello legs! I am so, so happy with how it scrubbed up. We finally brought it inside today, which was just a little bit exciting. It goes kind of well with our other mismatched lounges. And you will be glad to know that I have actually been doing some sewing again - yep, I know... super exciting!! See those colourful cushions? Some were finished about six months ago, and the others I churned out this week. Piping, zips and all. And even though I chose the fabrics over a year ago, I must say they are a perfect match for this couch and really bring it to life. The fabrics are a mix of 'Nicey Jane' by Heather Bailey and 'Love' by Amy Butler.
In case anyone was wondering about the *sleeping* children on the lounge, I can assure you they are not - just happy to get in a photo any way they can!

11 comments:

Claireabell said...

Beautiful little pops of colour! I love how the AB goes with the nicey jane. Well done!

Amanda said...

Oh it turned out beautifully! I love a good project :) I have two gorgeous tv chairs that were my husbands grandparents in the roof of the shed, you have inspired me to get them down and fix them up~!

Rachel said...

I never would have imagined putting those colors together, but seeing the way you paired them really looks amazing! I love the combination!

Lottie Loves said...

i love your blog and all the great things you make :) i posted about your stripy onesie here...
http://littlelottieloves.blogspot.com/2011/04/make-it-babygrow-onesie.html

Born & Bred Studio said...

Looks great! Lovely photographs x

Aron said...

That couch looks awesome!
and I love falling asleep in the couch! :)

Aron
www.babymine.net

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! It has turned out so fabulously! What a gorgeous spot to sit and get cosy.

Unknown said...


deep tissue massage
sydney massage
remedial massage
sports massage


The sydney massage offer a vast array of medical advantages which include
joint mobilization, reduction of discomfort from the peripheral nervous
system, muscle compression, and reduction of blood toxin levels by regularizing
the flow of blood. The body cells and tissues are repaired and their conditions
are improved, while all muscular tensions and stiffness are also removed.

Raj Maan said...

Hi Thanks For Sharing this I really enjoyed reading this We are dedicated hosting service Provider in india so if you are looking for Shared Web Hosting please visit us putlockerss.pictures

cellinfo said...

new sad love story in hindi 2021
the flow of blood. The body cells and tissues are repaired and their conditions

Rajeev singh said...

most romantic love story in hindi We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.