Saturday, May 10, 2008

kim pants


Grace has grown so much since last winter, and seems to be needing an entire new wardrobe. I recently ordered a pattern from Crafty Mamas for the 'Kim pants, with gathers' by Farbenmix, and sewed them up for her in a khaki corduroy. I omitted the frills and kept them plain and simple, which I thought was practical and would go with most things. She informed me however that these were boys pants and she would like me to make some new ones (if only it was that easy!). Luckily, she seems to have forgotten all that, and the pants have had much use so far. The next time we were at Spotlight I let her chose some fabric so we can make her another pair. This was her choice and I think they will look very girly.
I will probably even add the frills for her, and maybe some bellow pockets to keep all her trinkets in. Not my choice, but I really want her to be a part of the design process.
I am really happy with this pattern, great cut, flared leg and slim fit.


No comments: